We’re growing our veterinary team!
Below you can find out more about our openings.
Veterinary Jobs in Grantsburg, WI
We are currently seeking to add the following positions to our Grantsburg Animal Hospital/Wild River Veterinary Clinic teams. We value expertise and dedication to the care of the pets and the people we serve in our beautiful community. We will post available job openings below as we are in need of additional team members.
About life in Grantsburg, WI:
Grantsburg, WI is located 75 minutes north of the Twin Cities in a beautiful rural setting that features over 1,000 lakes, the scenic St. Croix River National Park, forests, trails, and abundant wildlife. Crex Meadows, a 30,000-acre wildlife refuge is just 2 miles north of town and home to over 280 species of birds, 720 species of plants, over 96 species of butterfly, and a wide variety of reptiles, amphibians, and insects. Every species of mammal found in Wisconsin has been on the Crex property at some point; occasionally even a moose or mountain lion wanders through! It is common to see eagles, swans, and sandhill cranes!
Grantsburg Schools are award-winning – receiving US News and World Report Best High School Award! It is a great place to live and raise a family. Grantsburg School is known for its academic excellence, athletics, music, and arts.
Located just 18 mi from our Grantsburg practice in Pine City, MN. This charming small town offers an abundance of scenic and recreational activities with many lakes and rivers to make up over 23 square miles of water. The Chengwatana State Forest, General Andrews State Forest, Banning State Park, St. Croix State Park, and the Nemadji State Forest boast miles of hiking, ATV, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, cross-country skiing, and snowmobile trails.
Both Grantsburg and Pine City are an easy commute to Twin Cities shopping, athletic events, and all that a large metropolitan area has to offer!
Available Veterinary Positions:
When working at Grantsburg Animal Hospital & Wild River Veterinary Clinic you have all the space and equipment needed to treat patients and service your clients. Our doctors have extensive medical and surgical experience and strive to provide best-in-class services by staying current on new findings, treatments, and techniques. Our doctors are excited to welcome another doctor to lead and grow our collaborative and supportive team.
There is also the potential to gain leadership and management experience for future career growth with the support of our industry-leading team!
Our mission at Grantsburg Animal Hospital & Wild River Veterinary Clinic is to improve the lives of our veterinarians by supporting you with comprehensive benefits:
- Generous compensation package
- No on-call or after-hour emergencies
- Flexible schedules
- Career path opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) with match
- CE Allowances
- Relocation assistance available
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
DVM or VMD from an AVMA accredited institution.
Please apply online and fill out the application below.
Registered Veterinary Technician
The veterinary technician is the primary support to the doctors and patients. The veterinary technician must be able to pay attention to detail, respond quickly and calmly to crises, and maintain very high standards of patient care. The veterinary technician must be able to communicate well with clients and team members; showing care and concern for their pets. This position reports to the hospital manager.
• Flexible Schedules
• Great Benefits & PTO Plan
• Leadership and Development
• Great location and much much more!
Veterinary Technician Job Duties:
• Assist doctors in restraint and treatment of patients
• Enter doctor/technician services into the computer and patient record
• Fill prescriptions and prepare medications as prescribed by the veterinarian
• Perform routine laboratory analyses including hematology, serology, blood chemistry, urinalysis, fecal analysis, and skin scrapings
• Give treatment/injections/medications in accordance with doctor’s orders
• Place/maintain i.v./urinary catheters
• Monitor critical patients, follow and complete treatments as listed on the whiteboard
• Collect blood for internal and external laboratory analysis, and prepare corresponding paperwork
• Maintain pharmacy, laboratory, radiology inventory, and surgery logs daily
• Administer oral drugs, injections, wound dressings, and fluid therapy as directed by the DVM
• Administer and monitor anesthesia in accordance with state regulations and AAHA standards
• Perform routine dental cleanings in accordance to state regulations and AAHA standards
•Perform sterile surgical preparation of surgery sites according to AAHA standards
• Assist in surgery, including gowning surgeon, patient monitoring, suture selection, etc.
• Maintain lab and surgical supplies and equipment including autoclaved items, surgery packs, ultrasound equipment, anesthesia machines, centrifuge, and microscope according to hospital protocol
• Clean/sanitize surgery areas, treatment, laboratory, kennel, and exam rooms daily
• Take/export radiographs (dental and digital) including proper submission to telemedicine or outside specialists
• Perform/submit ECG readings
• Perform emergency procedures including: control bleeding, administer parenteral fluids and pharmacological agents under veterinary supervision, resuscitate with oxygen, establish open airway breathing by intubation, perform external cardiac massage, apply temporary bandages or splints, provide external supportive treatment or wounds, burns, and heat exhaustion.
• Provide client education regarding nutrition, parasite control, vaccination protocols, spaying and neutering, behavior/fear free and all other routine procedures
• Counsel clients regarding home care, medication administration, and post-operative cases
• Assist with inventory control and product ordering
• Assist receptionists as needed
• Perform tasks assigned to the veterinary assistants and kennel staff as needed
• All other appropriate duties as required by the Hospital Manager or DVM
Must be able to lift 50 pounds and remain standing for long periods of time as needed to maintain desk operation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.