Greg grew up on a family farm in Wisconsin. This experience of working with the family's farm and companion animals helped him to develop a deep appreciation and love for the veterinary field.
Greg received his Bachelor of Science in Animal Science from the University of Minnesota in 1978. In 1982, he received his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. He has practiced veterinary medicine for over 30 years and has owned his own clinic since 1984. Although Grantsburg Animal Hospital was originally a bovine, equine and small animal practice, in 2015, Dr. Palmquist sold the bovine and portions of the practice. Now, he focuses exclusively on companion animal veterinary care in Grantsburg, Frederic and Wild River, providing veterinary care in these cites, but also for East Central Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. Dr. Greg has enjoyed living and practicing veterinary medicine in this Eastern Minnesota/Western Wisconsin area, and meeting the wonderful people and their pets in this area.
Past and Present Organizations and Activities
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association and was an elected board member for 4-year term
- Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association
- Northwest Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association
- Crex Volleyball- youth coach and referee
- American Youth Soccer Organization – past board member and referee administrator
- Grantsburg Chamber of Commerce past board member
- Faith Lutheran Church – current member & past council member
Greg is married to Kathy who is the veterinary hospital administrator. They have three children.
He enjoys camping, fishing, reading and spending time with his family.